Needham, MA Exterior Painting Project

Project Description:

This projected involved installing new aluminum siding and painting. We had to power wash the entire house to remove dirt and mildew that had built up before scrubbing the siding thoroughly to make sure the surface was not chalky and ready for painting. Carpentry was performed to repair the front entrance way including rebuilding one of the rotten post bases. We painted the entire house, including body and trim, with Sherwin-Williams Resilience latex paint for superior moisture resistance.

Before:

Arlington Exterior

Project Description:

This multi-family home in Arlington had aluminum siding that was in great shape but heavily soiled from years of dirt and soot accumulation due to being on a busy main street. After a thorough power wash of the whole house including some hand scrubbing of the soffits, we were able to clean the siding and restore its shine. In addition, we also painted the trim and restored the entrance way by stripping down layers of previous paint in order to achieve a smooth, like-new finish.

West Roxbury Exterior Painting Project

Project Description:

This house was in a very bad shape when Smart Coats undertook this lead paint project. The project was financed through the Boston Home Renovation program. EPA lead paint protection was set up to collect paint chips. We scraped, power washed, and made sure the siding was dry before we applied a full coat of alkyd primer and 2 coats of finish. We used Sherwin Williams alkyd primer and Super latex paint. The house came out beautiful and retained its character.

Before:

Jamaica Plain, MA Residential Repaint

Project Description:

This beautiful, historic home built in 1885 was peeling very badly. This was a challenging RRP project but we were able to successfully restore it. We were able to salvage the existing shingles and we only had to replace a small portion of trim that was damaged too badly to repair. We used Benjamin Moore(r) Fresh Start Alkyd Primer and Regal Select High Build Paint for this project. This is a powerful combination of products offering excellent longevity and protection. The final color palate is a 4-color scheme with accent colors around the window frames and soffits with an extra accent color on the front step balusters.

Cambridge, MA Residential Apartment Remodel

Project Description:

This was a total gut renovation. The apartment is part of an 8 unit family building that was built in the 60’s. We removed everything down to the studs and rebuilt it, including running new gas lines, plumbing pipes, HVAC system, all new electrical, blue board, plaster, doors, windows, and renovating the kitchen and bath. The entire job was done in less than 3 months.

Framingham, MA Residential Kitchen & Bath Remodel

Project Description:

This was one of our returning clients. They bought an apartment and needed help with design and installation of a kitchen and new bathrooms. We helped select the finishes and rebuilt them, opening up the kitchen to allow for an open floor plan. The work consisted of new electrical and plumbing work, and was completed in under one month!

Arlington, MA Residential Exterior Painting Project

Project Description:

This was a newly built house in Arlington. One of our returning clients, an architect and contracting firm, hired us to paint this beautiful home before the client moved in. We painted the entire house by hand with California paint, and it is now one of the nicest homes on the street.

Boston MA Residential Deck Build

Project Description:

Originally, this deck was in bad shape and a falling tree completely dismantled it. Smart Coats was called in to come and build a new deck. We had to update the drawings and re-submit them to the building department since the old footings were no longer to code. We built the entire deck from pressure treated wood & Azek composite materials.

Westwood, MA Interior Painting Project

Project Description:

We helped a couple paint their entire house before moving in. The kitchen was the biggest challenge – upon checking the ceiling for moisture damage, we opened it up to find old horse hair plaster and metal lathe construction. It made a heck of a mess, but we were able to confirm that there were no signs of damage from water or mold. We closed up the ceiling, applied stain block primer, and painted. After that issue, everything on the rest of the house went smoothly. We used Benjamin Moore Regal Select interior paint for excellent coverage over existing colors as well as superior durability.

Before & After

Arlington, MA Deck Stain

Project Description:

We were hired to stain a newly built mahogany deck on a painting project in Arlington. It took a very long time and required meticulous attention to detail to make sure the boards were evenly stained including in between for a even appearance. We used Cabots Deck stain for this project.