Painting! A word most homeowners love to hate. Be honest – you are probably here because you have to be not because you want to be. Maybe the new house you just bought is a little pinker than you would prefer, or perhaps your time-tested veteran home is showing a bit of its age.
A high-quality painting project is actually quite a bit more complex than you may realize. Without proper preparation, there are many conditions that can cause paint failure, negatively impacting the durability and longevity of the paint protecting your home.
Exterior Painting - Smart Coats Process
- Wash – All painting surfaces will be washed to remove any contaminants that could endanger the long-term durability of our work.
- Protect – Jobsites will be clearly labeled and taped off, and all non-painting surfaces will be shielded by drop cloths and painter’s tape.
- Prepare – Painting surfaces will be scraped and sanded until smooth. Loose or rotten wood will be re-secured or replaced, and small cracks will be filled. Bare wood will be primed to ensure proper paint adhesion.
- Seal – All joints, seams, cracks, and voids around windows and doors within contracted areas will be caulked to seal out moisture and ensure a smooth finish.
- Paint/Stain – Materials will be prepared and applied in accordance with manufacturer’s directions, using the techniques best suited to the surface and paint or stain. Moldings and trim will be left clean, and the final product will be uniform in color and sheen.
- Cleanup & Walkthrough – The site will be cleaned and vacuumed daily, and a thorough cleaning will be performed upon project completion. Your project manager will walk you through our work, touch up any needed areas, and ensure the job has been completed to your satisfaction.
If you have any type of exterior painting project in Boston MA area, don’t hesitate to contact us via the phone or by submitting “Request an Estimate” form on this page. Check out our Interior Painting Boston page for more details about our interior painting procedures.